About the Presbyterian Church in America
The Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) and Trinity Presbyterian Church – Who We Are & What We Believe
The PCA was formed to be a denomination that is “Faithful to the Scriptures, True to the Reformed Faith, and Obedient to the Great Commission.” Trinity Church strives to be a local congregation that keeps these aims clearly in focus. As a church, we aim to keep the PCA a Remnant in North America.
By “Reformed,” we mean that we are connected to the teachings of the historic church and the doctrinal beliefs recovered by the Protestant Reformation. By "Presbyterian," we described our representative form of government. Local churches are governed by a “Session” of “presbyters” (elders), nominated and elected by the congregation.
- the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by God the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three Persons; the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.
- that all persons are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- that salvation is by God alone, as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is entirely based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
- that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.